To protect, preserve, and enhance natural and cultural resources on both sides of the Ohio River between Westport and West Point, KY, as well as the region surrounding it, for the benefit of the public.
The natural and cultural environment of the Ohio River and its corridor is revered and enjoyed by the citizens of the region.
River Fields benefits the community by:
- Enhancing quality of life.
- Fostering a long-term vision for land and water usage.
- Providing a credible voice for land conservation.
- Encouraging the preservation of history.
- Advocating the importance of cultural resources and the natural world.
- Improving aesthetics, design and beauty as well as preserving neighborhoods.
- Making a positive impact on the socio-economic aspects of life for everyone in the region.
We envision all citizens of this area enjoying the natural and cultural environment of the Ohio River, its corridor and surrounding region.
- As a land trust, River Fields holds 63 acres of key river corridor properties outright in 10 different parcels and approximately 2,172 acres in 27 conservation easements.
- River Fields has a broad membership base of more than 2,100 citizens from 119 zip codes in the Louisville area and around the country.
- River Fields is governed by a Board of Trustees that comprises over a dozen members who represent diverse backgrounds and community interests. Our presidents have included some of the Louisville area’s most dynamic civic leaders.
- River Fields is the largest and oldest river conservancy on all 981 miles of the Ohio River.