River Fields and its achievements have been recognized at local, state, and national levels by numerous agencies and organizations, including:
- Commonwealth of Kentucky Environmental Quality Commission
- Kentucky Waterways Alliance
- Louisville Historic League
- Land Trust Alliance
- Ohio River Basin Consortium for Research and Education
- Senate of the Commonwealth of Kentucky
- The International Waterfront Center, Washington, D.C.
- The Cultural Landscape Foundation
In 2014, the Land Trust Alliance (LTA) asked River Fields Executive Director, Meme Sweets Runyon, to participate in their Lobby Day on Capitol Hill and since then, she has been working with LTA on various ways of speaking to our elected officials about making the tax-incentives for conservation easements permanent. LTA solicited her help because of her government background, lobbying experience, and advocacy role in the state.